Other seafood products
Discover our range of seafood products delivered to your door step in Hong Kong.
Showing all 6 results
Harenga MSC – 120g$159
Harenga is the leading caviar substitute avilable today to caviar lovers, and should not be confused with ‘Lump Fish’ or other mock caviars. Worries for the diminishing sturgeon population as a result of demand for the prized Beluga caviar has seen caviars such as Harenga quickly gaind popularity. It is pearlescent black in colour, with taste nuances somewhat supposedly similar to Beluga.
This Product is MSC certified.
Ingredients: Water, smoked herring (40%), corn starch, salt, squid ink, citric acid, lemon juice, stabiliser (Xanthan gum) and spices
Product information: glass jar of 120g. Once open, eat within 15 days
Fresh Salted Cod Fillet$399 by kg
Why would we eat salt cod when we can have fresh fish?The answer is flavor. When white fish is saturated with salt and dried, amino acids and other chemical changes occur in the fish. This produces a chewier texture and milder, almost sweet, yet still fishy taste than its fresh counterpart. If you’re unfamiliar with salt cod but maybe see boxes of it in fish stores and fish departments, you may think it’s a recipe for a heart attack. It’s not. That’s because before we cook and eat it, the salted fillets are soaked in repeated baths of cool water for about 12 hours to remove most of the salt. (If you are strict in avoiding salt in your food, check with your doctor or nutritionist first about whether it’s advisable to eat desalinated salt cod because some sodium will remain in the fish, in amounts that are similar to smoked trout or salmon.)
Before cooking with salt cod, place it in a large bowl in the sink and fill the bowl with cool water, covering the fish entirely. About an hour later, dump out the water and refill the bowl again with more fresh water. Repeat this process for the next 12-hours, leaving the fish to soak for increasing periods of time and making sure you’ve changed the water at least 4 times. You’ll notice as you go through these steps how the salt will be leaving the fish — first from its surface and then from the fish itself. The fish will also absorb some of the water and take on weight so that a fillet that may have weighed 12 ounces to begin with will be about a pound by the time you’re done.
The pieces of salted cod often have bones, which are easy to remove after the fish has been completely soaked.
- Weight recommended : 500g is foor for 2 to 3 persons
- Storage : 8 days after the packing date or 3 months in the freezer
- Vacuum-pack : variable
- Ingredients: wild cod fillets, sea salt
- Latin Name: Gadus Morhua
Price is per KG
White Butter Sauce – 170g – Order before Sunday before 6pm$52
We recommend our warm sauces, which are ideal with salmon, bass or any other fish.
Made in les Sables d’Olonne in the can factory La Sablaise.
- Easy to use;
- Micro wave about 1 minute after opening the bag previously
- Au bain-marie : heat during 5 min
Price is per bag of 170g
- Valeur nutritionnelle moyenne pour 100gEnergie : 868KJ/211Kcal – Matières grasses: 22g dont acides gras saturés : 15g – Glucides 2g odnt sucres 0,5g – Protéines : <0,5g – Sel : 0,58g
- Eau, beurre doux (21,7%), crème (8,1%), jus de citron (7,4%) (contient des sulfites), amidon de maïs, sel, épaississant : gomme de xanthane, farine de guar, curcuma. Les ingrédients utilisés pour la fabrication de ce produit ne sont pas issus d’organismes génétiquement modifiés et sont dépourvus d’ingrédients ionisés. Allergènes : Lait, sulfites (>10mg/kg). Traces possibles de : Poissons, crustacés, moutarde, mollusque, oeufs, céleri, gluten.
- Disponible toute l’année
Monkfish with Fleur de Sel – 140g$89
Traditionally made in Yeu island in Vendee, without colouring or preservative
Made from locally caught monkfish, the liver are marinated to give them a sweet flavour. This tin is very tasty. This is an exceptionnal product as duck or goose liver. To eat with a pinch of salt or minte. Delicous of toasted bread